Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Quick shot

Greetings, volks. Welcome to Hohenfels Volks, THE place for our place! Today is going to be short and sweet.

Today I was reading a post at DIY Photography about someone shooting a photo through their old MF viewfinder. They had a great pic, so I thought I’d try it out.

When I got home, I set up some of my old timers and started to work on getting an image I could live with. After a lot of trial and error, I ended up with the image you see below. I like the dark tones and the way the image in the viewfinder of this WWII era TLR pop out of the dark without the distraction of color or too much brightness.

Hohenfels Volks: A Shot in the Dark
ISO 800, f/4, 1/60, 47mm
A shot in the dark. Low light and a wide aperture draw your eye to the image on the TLR's ground glass.

I posted this image to show you how inspiration can be found anywhere. Keep your eyes and mind open, and BOOM, you get the thought that launches your photography session for at least a day or 2.

Here’s hoping that some great inspiration comes your way! It’ll help with this week’s theme! Get clicking and posting. Have a great week!

Don’t forget to post any of your images you’d like to see here at the Hohenfels Volks Facebook page. Of course, commenting on both Facebook and here is always appreciated, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment